Friday, September 10, 2010

Selena Gomez; Ready to be Jennifer Lopez

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez, star of the Disney Channel's "Wizards of Waverly Place" talks to Latina about building her career, finding love, and what's on her to-do list.

Selena tells Latina that she carefully considers each career move: "I'm not just going to slap my name on something… I want to be really passionate about everything I do, so it's all about timing."

The 18-year-old superstar is releasing her second album this month and already has a clothing line but says she isn't in a hurry to grow up: "I'm 18, but I feel like I'm still 15. I feel very young at heart, and I still want to jump up and down on my bed singing and rocking out."

Selena acknowledges she's still too young to understand the complexities of a relationship: "You never really know when you're in love at this age. I don't know what love is. I would like someone who is not cool and who is really fun to be around and loves family and has good morals."

Selena also shares with Latina her desire to learn Spanish: "I really need to learn my language. I practice, but I can understand it better than I can speak it." She adds that she doesn't think you have to speak Spanish fluently to be a 'real' Latina "at first I did but then I started to see all these people that accepted me regardless of the fact that I didn't speak it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment